Our recorded Windows webinar series covers all the basics and more to help you get started with Puppet. Each 45-minute recording focuses on a specific task you can automate with Puppet, as well as a demo of how it works.
You’ll learn how to use automation to:
• Manage local groups and Active Directory membership.
• Manage Windows services, install packages and create scheduled tasks.
• Deploy IIS and ASP.NET.
• Set up Windows for system and application monitoring.
• Get started on Azure with Puppet.
Puppet can do a lot, so start small and build on each success. Enjoy the demos!
After you set up your users and groups, the next thing you’ll want to do is configure the software running on your machines. In this webinar, you’ll get a taste of the many kinds of services and packages Puppet can manage on Windows. We’ll present some common use cases that will help you get some quick wins under your belt, including:
- Managing Windows services (Windows Time, Disk Defragmenter, etc.)
- Installing packages
- Managing Windows maintenance tasks via WMI by executing arbitrary PowerShell code
- Creating scheduled tasks in the Task Manager
Puppet can do a lot, but we always recommend starting small and building on your success. Make 2016 the year you banish manual configuration for good!
DatacenterDynamics is a brand of DCD Group, a global B2B media and publishing company that develops products to help senior professionals in the world's most ICT dependent organizations make risk-based infrastructure and capacity decisions.
Our portfolio of live events, online and print publishing, business intelligence and professional development brands are centred on the complexities of technology convergence. Operating in 42 different countries, we have developed a unique global knowledge and networking platform, which is trusted by over 30,000 ICT, engineering and technology professionals.
Data Centre Dynamics Ltd.
102-108 Clifton Street
London EC2A 4HW