Poor quality of care takes a tremendous toll, not just on the system as a whole, but on the patients and their families at the center of that system. It also has a tremendous effect on employers, who already face unsustainable health care costs. When we evaluated one of our customer's claims, we found numerous signs of preventable complications that had cost our client significant amounts, not to mention the toll on the individual. Specifically, we identified the following preventable hospital- acquired conditions (HACs):
• Fourteen instances of stage III and IV pressure ulcers
• Twelve instances of vascular catheter-associated infections
• Thirteen instances of catheter-associated urinary tract infections
• One instance of a patient dying or experiencing a serious disability associated
with intravascular air embolism
• Five instances of foreign objects remaining in patients after a procedure.
Please download the whitepaper to learn more!
DatacenterDynamics is a brand of DCD Group, a global B2B media and publishing company that develops products to help senior professionals in the world's most ICT dependent organizations make risk-based infrastructure and capacity decisions.
Our portfolio of live events, online and print publishing, business intelligence and professional development brands are centred on the complexities of technology convergence. Operating in 42 different countries, we have developed a unique global knowledge and networking platform, which is trusted by over 30,000 ICT, engineering and technology professionals.
Data Centre Dynamics Ltd.
102-108 Clifton Street
London EC2A 4HW