There are many opportunities for businesses to introduce the concept of paper-free or less intensive paper processes to their organizations. AIIM 2016 Industry Watch research found that “58% of respondents described their inbound handling of content as ad-hoc”. This is not surprising given paper is still fairly dominant in many businesses due to human desire to keep paper in hand for reading, note taking, and still today, signatures.
In this study we take a look the challenges businesses face in relation to:
- Digital Transformation of their business operations
- Capturing and managing multi-channel inbound content, including paper
- Steps taken to automate the information capture process
- Use of analytics to enhance the identification and classification of capture information
- A look ahead at the next 5 years to understand where businesses are focusing their efforts and funding