Good analysis and benchmarking of hotline data helps organisations answer crucial questions about their ethics and compliance programme, including:
- Does our culture support employees who raise concerns?
- Are our communications with employees reaching the intended audiences and having the desired effect?
- Are our investigations thorough and effective?
- Do we need more training?
- Do we need to review or update our policies?
- Do employees know about our reporting channels?
Comparing internal data year over year to help answer these questions is important. But getting a broader perspective on how your performance matches up to industry norms is critical. This year’s analysis of our EMEA & APAC data from nearly 14,000 ethics and compliance hotline reports revealed key data points that compliance professionals can use to benchmark and assess their programme’s performance, and move toward predictive risk mitigation.