If you donít know the diverse landscape of personal and family leaves that states allow, you run the risk ó and could face the potential consequences ó of noncompliance, reduced productivity, and employee disengagement. For example, do you know which states require employers to offer protected time off for employees to participate in civil air patrol, volunteer emergency management, emergency service, or disaster relief?
Itís HRís responsibility to know which leaves employees are eligible for. In most instances, the employer is responsible for following all applicable leave laws and rules. Failure can be costly.
Sure, you may be aware of the most common state leave laws. But beyond the FMLA and in addition to leave for domestic or family violence lie a few relatively common categories of state leave:
- Leave for crime victims (13 states)
- Leave for volunteer firefighters (13 states)
- Leave for witnesses of crimes (11 states)
A cloud-based leave management system like LeaveXpertģ from Optis guides you toward better leave management. Thatís because LeaveXpert:
- Is built to apply to organizations of any size
- Provides continuously updated information and all necessary forms for leave management in every state
- Is purpose-built for speedy implementation and access ó you get answers to leave questions immediately
- Delivers easy insight into the impact that all types of absences ó even the most arcane ó have on your organization
- Has an easy-to-use interface
- Offers automated case creation
- Provides real-time reporting
An automated leave-management system that also gives you visibility and access to all of your workforce data delivers the control you need to ensure compliance, reduce risks, get the full picture of your people data, and make better business decisions.