When 83 percent of online consumers participate in social media, it is no surprise that, like bees to honey, marketers are following suit. According to a recent IBM® Unica® survey of marketers, 47 percent of respondents say they currently use social media marketing tactics; in North America, that number jumps to 58 percent. Yet, for all the rush, many marketers are wondering, “where’s the gold?” The IBM Unica survey found that 48 percent of marketers admit that their social media marketing efforts are totally siloed, frustrating their attempts to create richer customer relationships. Obstacles include:
• Hit-or-miss tactical campaigns that do not contribute to a top-line marketing strategy
• Lack of measurement to demonstrate or prove value
• Poor integration of campaigns, within social media efforts and with traditional marketing channels
• Continued reliance on brand and mass-marketing techniques less relevant to today’s content-sharing culture
• Failure to engage individuals one-on-one
• Most importantly—failure to deliver a clear marketing return on social media efforts
DatacenterDynamics is a brand of DCD Group, a global B2B media and publishing company that develops products to help senior professionals in the world's most ICT dependent organizations make risk-based infrastructure and capacity decisions.
Our portfolio of live events, online and print publishing, business intelligence and professional development brands are centred on the complexities of technology convergence. Operating in 42 different countries, we have developed a unique global knowledge and networking platform, which is trusted by over 30,000 ICT, engineering and technology professionals.
Data Centre Dynamics Ltd.
102-108 Clifton Street
London EC2A 4HW