This paper discusses eight must have Dell Compellent technologies that combine to create new levels of efficiency and flexibility while cutting cost now and in the future:
1. Fluid Data Architecture– Storage is managed at the most granular level with built-in system intelligence to enable the dynamic flow of enterprise data.
2. Storage Virtualization– Storage is virtualized at the disk level to create a flexible pool of storage resources shared by all servers all the time.
3. Thin Provisioning– Allocation is completelyseparated from utilization so any size volume can be created at any time, yet capacity is only consumed when data is written.
4. Automated Tiered Storage– Data dynamically cascades from tier to tier according to actual usage, freeing up high-performance drives for mission-critical applications.
5. Space-efficient Snapshots– Continuous snapshots only capture changes in data for real-time protection with instant recovery to any point in time.
6. Thin Replication– Data is replicated between local and remote sites using space-efficient snapshots and native IP connectivity, eliminating the need for high-speed data links or identical system configurations.
DatacenterDynamics is a brand of DCD Group, a global B2B media and publishing company that develops products to help senior professionals in the world's most ICT dependent organizations make risk-based infrastructure and capacity decisions.
Our portfolio of live events, online and print publishing, business intelligence and professional development brands are centred on the complexities of technology convergence. Operating in 42 different countries, we have developed a unique global knowledge and networking platform, which is trusted by over 30,000 ICT, engineering and technology professionals.
Data Centre Dynamics Ltd.
102-108 Clifton Street
London EC2A 4HW