The need for physical data center capacity continues to grow. For some businesses, the driver is expansion into new markets or geographies. For others, it's the need to deal with growing amounts of data generated by applications with high-capacity demands, evolving end-user abilities, or regulatory bodies that demand ever-increasing quantities of meticulous documentation.
If your data center is running out of space or power you have two options. You can build and operate a new facility, or you can lease the capacity you need from one of a growing number of colocation providers. The "build-or-buy" decision between construction and colocation should be weighed carefully, as the choice will affect your company and your bottom line quite literally for decades.
In this free white paper from the experts at Cyrus One, you'll discover the six key factors that affect that choice:
- Strategic considerations: Do you really want to get into the construction business?
- Timing: Do you need capacity yesterday?
- Capacity: How much space do you need?
- Cooling requirements: Have you brushed up on your fluid dynamics?
- Environmental issues: How can you be efficient?
- Financial issues: Where will you get the money?
To learn more, download this free white paper now.